Ideas for a Princess Birthday Party?

Friday, December 18, 2009

Princess A's first birthday is less than a month away. I can't believe it!

During this first year, she has really developed any serious "favorites," so I've decided I get to pick the theme. :)

At first I had thought of doing a Minnie Mouse theme since we call her our Disney baby (she was a surprise baby with first symptoms that popped up during our Disney World vacation).

But... to host a MM (or even a Disney Princess) party for the number of people we're inviting would cost an exorbitant amount, I've opted to go instead with a generic princess theme.

I've got the invitations (which are so not a Princess theme but...), ordered a custom birthday tutu set, and picked out the party supplies, but after that I need some great ideas.

After all, this will be the last 1st birthday party I'll get to throw for any of my children, she's my baby, and our only girl.

So it's gotta be good! :)

WHAT'S YOUR IDEAS FOR A 1ST BIRTHDAY PRINCESS PARTY?
(Menu, games, party favors, decorations, etc.)

Kimmie

Join in the Aloha Friday fun at An Island Life

6 chatted about this topic:

Twincerely,Olga December 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

aww! so sweet!! you could have a faux red carpet that is in front of her so everyone has to walk on it to see the Princess!Get her a tiara! I got an inex. 1 that lights up at W/M .Hope that helps! Have a great 1st Birthday Party

I am Harriet December 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

We always did a family friendly party for our kids 1st b-days.
Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/are-you-into-holiday-season-this-year.html

Auntie E December 18, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Family over and cupcakes just one for each person..for the first birthday girl.
My link is in my name

Anonymous,  December 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

I'm assumlots of kids to keep entertained? Try boxes, lots of boxes to build into abig beautiful princess castle and climb through and so on. Just go get some from a furniture or appliance store so you have some huge ones and can make towers. Plus it's free.

Colette S December 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

My first birthdays were just family and the birthday child as the center of attention.

kailani December 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Maybe princess banners, give out tiara and crowns to the kids, a thrown for the birthday girl?

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP