Recession, Fear, and Peer Pressure for Random Thoughts Tuesday

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When you're living in a small town where the only place to shop is a Wal-mart, it's really difficult to tell there is a recession going on.

The other night I went by there to pick up a few items that I needed - things that to purchase anywhere else would require several stops - and I couldn't find a parking space even relatively close to front of the store.

Now, I'm not one of those people who has to park right up front. (Most of the time anyway.) But when it's late evening, I'm not too keen on parking farther out in lot either.

There are just too many nuts these days. And not to mention we're going into a high crime season.

Add that to the recession they keep telling us we're having.

But speaking of crime -


I read something interesting. Did you that (something like) 94% of crime victims experienced some type of intuition beforehand; such as unexplained fear or a sense of dread.

All animals act on the fight or flight feelings they experience, except humans. Too often we're afraid of what others will think if we react on those feelings.

So essentially, peer pressure leads us to be crime victims.

Notice how many things we can blame on peer pressure?

Ever wonder why so many people care what others think of them?
I do. Of course, some people would tell me I should probably actually spend some time worrying about what others think.

I might get around to it....someday.

Well, there's my random thoughts for Tuesday. So what's on your mind? Share 'em during Random Thoughts Tuesday hosted by The Unmom!

Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

Frugal Vicki November 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

I hate that feeling! Make me not want to leave the house! ucky

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP