Health Care and Road Trips Straight to Hell

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Aaargh! I am going to go NUTS!

So, I've got this friend - let's call her Snow - headed out on a road trip to see her daughter graduate from boot camp.

It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon and she hasn't packed a SINGLE item. She's aiming for a departure time of ten o'clock tomorrow morning.

Although Snow has known this day was coming for about 2 1/2 months now, she just reserved her hotel room two days ago, renewed her driver's license today (expired a year ago), and got her first eye exam in almost 20 years despite being blinder than a bat!

We are so opposites.

My car would already be packed. I would be living at 8 o'clock a.m. sharp - since mileage allows for an approximate 6 hour drive; which would put our arrival time at right about hotel check-in time.

I'm a stickler for stuff like that.

She's not.

But she should be, because I'm right.

I've got more control over this health care issue than I do Snow!

Speaking of which-

How'd you like that little victory lap Nancy Pelosi did at the price of her party?

Those democrats have assured themselves a pink slip in 2010.

You might have (barely) passed in the House but it's DEAD ON ARRIVAL at the Senate.

Saying "dead on arrival," then leads to the thought of not having as much time for mom blog because - wow! - people love reading true crime.

My blog on the subject - True Crime Book Reviews - is a hit! And I got to admit, sometimes that stuff is just more interesting that all this mundane Mommy stuff.

Ya know what I mean?

Then again, what kind of horrible person am I? A CRIME has to be committed - usually a pretty horrendous - to make a book. So, essentially, someone's pain is my pleasure, right?

I am so going to hell.

Kimmie

3 chatted about this topic:

The Crabby Lady November 10, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

This should make you feel better...it's now 8:04 pm and I STILL haven't packed a SINGLE thing. ROFLMAO!

AND if I did have it packed, I have no place to put it until 8:00 am tomorrow morning. Remind ME to blog about our local Enterprise Car Rental. GRRRRRR!!!!

Design It Chic November 11, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

this randomness was so much fun:)
Happy Random!

*mine's up too:)

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP