I Swear I Saw The "Where's The Beef Lady?" Lady with Estelle Getty

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Maybe this is a little too indicative of my age, but all I can say is this: If you think I'm old, hold on cause you're headed my direction!

Ok, that little ugly reminder out of the way, I'll carry on with my random thoughts.

Which aren't really that random. But, whatever -

Before I get started... in case you don't remember the "Where's the Beef?" lady, here's a video clip for you:





The other day, I got the crazy idea to go grocery shopping with three of my four children.

If there were laws against stupidity (which there really should be), I would have cuffed and stuffed into the back of a police cruiser so fast it would have made your head spin.

I could go on and on about this insane shopping excursion, but I'll spare you the details.

Considering that most you have (probably) been there yourself at least a few times.

Anyway, after we got our 100+ items checked out, loaded into the car and everybody buckled up; we headed out to hit a couple more errands that needed to be done.

As I'm driving along the bypass, I got behind what was obviously two little old ladies in a Chevrolet pickup truck.

They were puttering right along. One little lady hunched over at the wheel.

In a hurry to get my happy hiney home, I changed lanes to go around them; and ended up pulling up next to them at the next light.

I did my typical glance over. And immediately did a double take.

I swear, right there hunched at the wheel, barely visible above the door, was the little old lady infamous for the WHERE'S THE BEEF? Commercials.

But that wasn't the only think I was double taking over.

Seated next to her was ESTELLE GETTY - the fiesty old lady from the Golden Girls sitcom.

I know it's tacky, and my mama definitely taught me better, but I couldn't help but to stare.

I'm not sure if it was exhaustion from herding children through what's a mundane task to begin with, or if they were real.

Either way, it makes for an interesting story. :)

Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  October 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I love Golden Girls!!! and i so remember those Where's The Beef commercials! They were awesome!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP