Harry Connick Jr. Your Songs Album Review

Friday, September 25, 2009


Harry Connick Jr. is so dreamy! (Yes, I know that sounds old. Don't care! lol)

I have absolutely loved him in television and movies; but I had NO idea he's such a talented singer too!

When given the opportunity to try Connick Jr.'s new album Your Songs, I'll admit I was a bit hesitant. But the oh-so-hot cover convinced me to give it a shot.

Your Songs really takes youback to the big band era with Connick Jr. performing classic songs by some of the greatest musicians of all times; including:

  • All The Way (Frank Sinatra)

  • Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)

  • Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)

  • And I Love Her (The Beatles)

  • (They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)

  • Besame Mucho

  • The Way You Look Tonight

  • First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)

  • Your Song (Elton John)

  • Some Enchanted Evening

  • And I Love You So (Don McLean)

  • Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)

  • Smile (Charlie Chaplin)

  • Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)


It was definitely a trip down a memory lane created even before my time, but a beautiful era nonetheless.

While I really enjoyed the album, if forced to be truthful I have to admit that I still prefer seeing Harry on the screen versus just hearing him on an album.

Although he has a beautiful voice to match those blessed looks, I'm just not sure it would be as enticing if the music wasn't from musicians who have already instilled a love of their songs; enticing you to listen to and love them irregardless of who is performing.

But why not give it a try for yourself?


Be sure to also check out Harry Connick Jr. at his website and on Facebook!

Buy It! This album is now available for purchase!

Also be sure to check out Harry's upcoming television appearances:
  • 9/25 – Oprah “Live Friday”

  • 9/28 – Today Show9/29 – The View

  • 9/30 – Imus in the Morning

  • 9/30 – Letterman

  • 10/1 – Today Show

  • Week of 10/5 – Rachael Ray

Kimmie

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP