What's The Funniest Thing Your Kid Said? (Kidisms)

Friday, August 14, 2009


I love kidisms! You know, those funny - usually one liners - that kids are prone to pop off with at the least opportune time.

My four-year-old - who we call Big Brother - either refuses or just can't seem to get the "T" in the word "Hunting." So, he goes around saying, "Hunking."

While it's hilarious to us - so much so that, at one time or another, all of us have jokingly said "hunking" instead of "hunting" - it can be embarrassing when you run into someone, usually a someone that you haven't talked to in a while, and your preschooler spouts out "I'm going deer hunking with my Dad!"

This innocent little phrase typically evokes a tried-to-be-discreet-but-failed look of shock along with a "You're what?"

I, of course, always "translate," much to the relief of said individual.

Right now, at times, it can make me want to crawl under a table. But I know one day, when he's all grown up and got the "t" in "hunting" down to a tee (hopefully), this is one of his adorable little sayings that I will look back fondly on.


What's Your Kidisms?
Kimmie
Have you blogged about your own child's or another kid's kidisms? Share your link!




10 chatted about this topic:

Liz Mays August 14, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

I remember my sister couldn't say belt so she said blelt. I would think that would be harder to say though!

I am Harriet August 14, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

My son made up a word- fugu. Now that he's gwrown he cannot remember what it meant. Oh well.

Happy Friday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/get-instantly-happier.html

Auntie E August 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Mom, I'm befussled...Huh....it's means confused,don't understand or anything else she wants it to mean,LOL

Beth @ TheAngelForever August 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

My oldest is almost 6 and has had many a good one. I usually blog about them quickly so I do not forget. Sorry I can not think of anything now. My little guy is just starting the age where I will get more now.

Suzy August 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Lately my 3 year old son has been saying "Mom? I'm being crazy and silly like a corn picker!" and I'm like WHAT??!!
He's seen the cornpicker tractor in the movie Cars but I'm not sure what he's thinking when he says that!

Becca August 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I used to call music "musc" but that's not really funny :P

sues2u2 August 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

My kids both called their pacifiers really odd names. Son called his a "gah" while daughter called hers "dinky". Daughter also used to call ketchup "catch-catch".

kailani August 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Both my kids used to say pasghetti for spaghetti. :-)

AudreyO August 15, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Wow..my kids are grown now and I"m not thinking of anything they said incorrectly. They grew up around adults and so pretty much began speaking in full sentences LOL.

The Crabby Lady August 16, 2009 at 4:03 AM  

With 4 kids so close in age, we had a LOT of kidisms! Two of my favorites were: lellow (yellow) and diabeebees (diabetes). Bad thing was when one pronounced it "different", the others would all follow suit thinking that was the way to say it! It was interesting to say the least. LOL

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP