Tackling the Girly (Baby) Curls

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday at 5 Minutes For Mom

With Princess A's upcoming photo shoot Wednesday (for the billboard advertising campaign), I decided that we might need to try something to get that unruly, semi-curly baby hair under control. (I know most people would say, "Ah, it's baby hair, no biggie" but I'm a little OCD like that.)

So, following her bath the other night, I decided to try a little bit of hairstyling:


Trying to get curlers on a 6 month old is not an easy task! But once it was all done and waited for her hair to dry and the curls to set, she was loving it.

When the curlers came out, I found that I didn't really like that idea so much after all. It just looked a little too grown-up'ish for my tastes.


By the next morning though, enough of the curl had fallen out to give it just enough body to put into adorable little ponytails. (Unfortunately, I didn't remember to get a picture of that!)

All in all, I'm glad that I tackled this project....and even more glad that (chances are) I'll only be doing it one more time. ;)

Kimmie

7 chatted about this topic:

Andrea August 11, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Cute!! My mom used to put my hair in "rag curls" whenever I could talk her into it! It's something my grandma used to do for her, and HER mom did for her, as well. :)

annies home August 11, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

how very cute what a fun tackle

na August 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Shana Putnam August 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

yep, it needed to be rolled spiral. Either way she is a doll!

B August 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Check out her hair!! Crazy..my babies were/are all bald until at least a year so I am slightly jealous.

Great tackle.

AudreyO August 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Neither of my girls had hair until they were at least 3. Even though you didn't get the ponytail photos, the two you did get were adorable.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP