Boredom Breakers for Labor Day Weekend

Saturday, August 29, 2009

With four kids (okay, just three since one is a licensed driver), it seems that I spend my life in the car.

And, as it seems to go with children these days, they need entertainment.

Rand McNally's Boredom Breakers is a lifesaver!

The first game we tried was Car Karoake.

My 4-year-old loved it!

I really wanted to share a video of him trying to sing along, but he would freeze up every time I turned it on. :)

But he had a blast trying to sing along to songs like Twist and Shout, She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain, The Ants Coming March In, and 9 other fun songs; holding on to the inflatable microphone included.

For those of us who could read - the lyrics were included.

The worst part: I was always getting the "Please Stop" rating card while everyone else received either So-So, Pretty Good or Superstar ratings. :(

The second game we tried was Car Game Countdown.

A crazy combination of I-Spy and Madlibs, the 18 laminated cards give players ideas for things to spot along the roadway, things to say, or test their memory skills.

A clip-on, battery operated timer adds heightened excitement to each play.

My four-year-old had a little more difficulty with this game - as is to be expected. However, my 13-year-old enjoyed showing off his "spying" skills; not so much on the other games.

After trying out these games, the boys have decided they'd like to try Travel Card Games for a trip over Labor Day weekend.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Kimmie

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP