What's Your Reading Preference?

Monday, July 27, 2009




Thanks to one of my Twitter followers, Reading Upside Down, I found a fun meme that avid readers, like myself, will enjoy: Booking Through Thursday.

So, I decided - even though it's Monday and that makes me 4 days tardy - to jump in with this week's challenge:


Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)

  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious?
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers?
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction?
  • Poetry? Or Prose?
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies?
  • History? Or Historical Fiction?
  • Series? Or Stand-alones?
  • Classics? Or best-sellers?
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose?
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness?
  • Long books? Or Short?
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?
  • Borrowed? Or Owned?
  • New? Or Used?

(Yes, I know, some of these we’ve touched on before, and some of these we might address in-depth in the future, but for today–just quick answers!)



Okay, well, let me see just how "quick" of an answer I can give.

Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Since my favorite genre is true crime, I'll say something serious.

Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? No real preference, although paperbacks are typically what I read.

Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Nonfiction, but love fiction too.

Poetry? Or Prose? Prose.

Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Autobiographies.

History? Or Historical Fiction? History. Only.

Series? Or Stand-alones? Either is great. Series are very fun though.

Classics? Or best-sellers? Best sellers.

Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Straight-forward, please.

Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots, hands down. I've got enough of my own random thoughts.

Long books? Or Short? Either or.

Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Does "16 pages of shocking photos" in true crime books count as "illustrated."

Borrowed? Or Owned? Don't care as long as I can read it.

New? Or Used? See above.

What about you? What's your reading preferences?

Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

Susan Whelan July 27, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

Hi Kim,

Glad you stopped by Reading Upside Down. :-) I enjoy the weekly Bookting Through Thursday meme, although I found it a bit hard to keep my answers short and to the point last week. My reading preferences tend to change with how I'm feeling.

I've read a few true crime books, but generally look to books for escapism so I tend towards fiction. I do enjoy some non-fiction though, especially history.

I look forward to reading your BTT posts in the future.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP