Victim of Foreclosure? How To Apply For Section 8 Housing

Saturday, July 11, 2009

After reading an emotion-wrenching article in the July 2009 issue of Parenting magazine about families that are living in shelters across America following job losses and/or foreclosure, I felt inspired to create a post that could be helpful to others in or facing a similar situation.

While it seems that most of America is focused on bailing out the car companies, little is being done in the meantime to help families who have a bigger issue at hand: homelessness.

Until we can someone convince good deeds groups (as I call them) to stop building homes in Honduras, and other like places, and take care of their neighbors first, hopefully this information on how to apply for Section 8 housing will be useful in getting shelter for those in need.

Section 8 is also known as Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is Federal housing program which provides housing assistance to low-income renters and homeowners in the form of rental subsidies; which reduces the amount (often significantly) rent paid by assistance recipient.

Applying for Section 8 subsidies is easy. Just visit your local housing authority or other designated program administrators for an application.

I encourage you can visit the Affordable Housing Online website for information on how to find your local housing authority/HUD program administration and answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Section 8 program.


0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP