They Just Don't Make Men Like They Used To

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've noticed a disturbing pattern as of late.

Men just aren't real men any more.

You find many who are afraid of bugs. They cow down to their wives and children. They sneak around to have a cookie before dinner.

They're very....um....feminine.

I think it started with the Equal Rights movement. Women burned their bras and declared they didn't need a man.

Divorce rates sky rocketed while day cares opened on every corner because women left the home to work; even in a time where two incomes wasn't necessary.

Then you had the influx of divorced and single mothers raising male children, encouraging them to get in touch with their softer side. The Courts, in their infinite wisdom, held to the belief that the mother was the best candidate for custody and Daddies were subjected to every other weekend visits; not enough time to teach their little boys to be men.

(Not only single and divorced mothers were to blame, don't misunderstand. I've been a single mom and I knew some married mothers that did this same thing - just as many single mothers like myself weren't practicing this regimen; but they were extremely rare.)

Women, being alone - whether by choice or an unfortunate turn of events - had to take a more aggressive role in life.

Fast forward to today.

I can't think of one television sitcom where the men aren't portrayed as scaredy-cat, whipped men who sneak around to do what they wish for fear of suffering the wrath of their wives.

Give me a break!

When push comes to shove, like it or not, men do have the ability to do things women can't do; just as men can't give birth (if you have a vagina, you're a women irregardless of what "change" you've made to your birth certificate). There are men things and women things.

And I am disgusted that my boys are being taught by television that their wives and children are in charge and that they have to walk on egg shells or be punished for their minor transgressions; like eating carb-laden foods, playing golf on the weekends with buddies, or forgetting a certain occasion.

There is nothing attractive to me about a man who cries at the drop of a hat, knows the difference between pink and salmon, or defers to his mother on life's issues.

Then you have those men breeding with women who are, usually by nature, feminine and what do you get: an effeminate male child that will grown into an effeminate man.

I didn't marry one of those men and I pray to God that I'm not raising any either.

By nature's design, men are intended to be warriors, hunters, and leaders.

I want real men back. Give me Archie Bunker, Marshall Dillon, or Ronald Reagan any day.

The world was a better place when real men were in charge.

2 chatted about this topic:

Tracey July 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Great post! Hope my girls meet men like your boys will be when they're ready to get married some day!

Shana Putnam July 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Oh yeah! This is so me and our preacher gets real tough on men being men and not sissies too. He will flat lay down the law on that. This is why I am a sahm because that is the way things are supposed to be. yeah we dont have a tn of money but my hubby works, takes care of things at home, and teaches our son to be a man not a froo froo boy. This is a big soapbox of mine. The only thing he acts a little sissyish about is snakes. he is terrified. but one out of everything else is pretty dang good if you ask me. I just love your blog.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP