13 Hilarious (Not Just Funny) Tweets by Zappos

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm a big ol' Twit.

That's right, I'm love Twitter!

While a lot of Twits use the service as a means to stay updated on the latest gossip - be it celebrity or their own clique - most use it for business promotion.

Like Zappos. Tony Hsieh, CEO of zappos.com, uses his quick wit and awesome sense of humor in combination with Twitter to promote his business - which has proven to be very successul.

His is 13 of his most hilarious (IMO) tweets:

  1. I hope the new box of underwear on my desk is a vendor sample and not a polite hint, like offering gum to someone w/ bad breath.

  2. Gave Senator Reid (Senate Majority Leader) tour of Zappos. He had 5 bodyguards. Because, you know, I could easily overpower 4.

  3. Cab driver keeps waving around both hands whenever he talks to me. I will resist the urge to ask him to describe an accordian.

  4. Hotel maid left me extra pillowcase & 3 bags of decaf coffee. Feels like when my cat leaves dead animals at my door.

  5. Thought all day about running, finally did it. Concluded that thinking about running is more enjoyable than actually running.

  6. I usually try not to carry grudges, but I've decided I'm no longer going to be friends with the guy who invented 6 AM flights.

  7. Trying to reduce my email inbox is like trying to lose weight. The number always seems to creep back up to where it was before.

  8. Proper etiquette when you see clothes on a stranger w/ tag hanging out? Somehow I don't think "Tag! You're it!" is appropriate.

  9. Got room service, utensils fell on floor. Either I'm really tired from the redeye or my silverware just tried to commit suicide.

  10. Dear breakfast burrito: Why are you so angry w/ me? Why spit on my shirt? Because I had an Egg McMuffin without you yesterday?

  11. Taking allergy pills is like having Snow White multiple personality disorder. You go from Sneezy/Grumpy to Sleepy/Dopey/Happy.

  12. The radio's morning show is talking about twitter. So now I am twittering about the radio's morning show. The circle of life is complete.

  13. About to speak at conf. Spilled Coke on left leg of jeans, so poured some water on right leg so looks like the denim fade.

You can follow Tony at http://www.twitter.com/zappos



Kimmie

4 chatted about this topic:

i beati July 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

#13 been there done that hahahahahahhaha

colleen July 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Very entertaining! Here's mine for the day: I recently discovered that when you’re measured in a doctor’s office they do not record ½ inches. The last time I got measured the nurse told me that and after measuring me, she asked if I wanted her to write down 5 foot or 5 foot 1 inch, to which I replied, “I want my age rounded down and my height rounded up!”

Americanising Desi July 17, 2009 at 3:13 AM  

very very lol

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/07/words-in-kiss.html

Janet July 18, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

omg he's wicked funny! thanks for pointing this out!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP