My Children Are My Pride And Joy (Small Talk Six)

Saturday, June 6, 2009


Come join in the fun each Saturday for Mom Dot's Small Talk Six; where participants are asked to list six sentences, six photos, or six paragraphs on a specified subject.

From the Mom Dot website: "All you need to do is...make a short (or an elaborate) post on your blog in response to the assigned topic of the week...When your post is live, come leave your direct link on Mr. Linky and then go see how the other participants responded on their blogs."

This week's topic is 6 things about your children that you are proud of:

  1. I am so very proud of my 17-year-old son for his status as an upcoming high school senior with excellent grades, a strong history of community service and participation in various clubs, and a stellar reputation as a well-mannered young man.

  2. I could not be prouder of my 13-year-old son for his dedication to improving his grades. (We've struggled for years with ADD, so this is a HUGE accomplishment!)

  3. I am so proud that my 4-year old son can recite his ABCs, count to twenty, knows his colors, can actually read several small words, and can tell you the name of all the construction machinery he sees (i.e. backhoe, trachoe, road grader).

  4. I am really proud of my 4-month-old daughter who easily rolls from front to back, back to front like an adorable rolly polly bug.

  5. I always swell with pride when I see my boys hold open doors for women or the elderly (without prompts from me - and as much as the little man can), respond politely to elders with "ma'am" or "sir," and seem to enjoying help others.

  6. Lastly, I am proud that my two oldest boys have overcome hardships in their life and not made it an excuse to become involved in drugs, associating with the wrong people, or other issues dreaded (and sometimes unfortunately experienced) by most parents.

As you can see, I could rattle on about my kiddos all day. Every day I say a prayer thanking God for the wonderful children with which he has blessed me.

Kimberly

10 chatted about this topic:

The Mud Bug June 6, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Great list and every reason to be proud.

http://mud-bug.com/2009/06/small-talk-six-proud-mama/

Staci A June 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

It sounds like you have lots of reasons to be proud! (I could ramble on about mine for days too!)

Rana June 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Great list! You have some cute kids.

Anonymous,  June 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Your kids sound very intelligent and you seem so proud.

Unknown June 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Loved it! What wonderful reason to be proud. TFS

Whitney June 6, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

It definitely sounds like your have good reasons to be proud. Congratulations to your new senior. I hope he has a great senior year.

Sarah June 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Great list, you have every reason to be proud!

Shan G June 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Those are all wonderful reasons to be proud of your kids! Good job, Mom. :)

Momstart June 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Your children are amazing

Anonymous,  June 7, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Sounds like you have a full house and lot of blessings.

http://sneakpeekatme.blogspot.com/2009/06/small-talk-six-what-i-love-about-you.html

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP