Simple Salisbury Steak Recipe (Serves 4)

Friday, May 1, 2009

I used to be one of those "box" Salisbury steak cooks...until I found this simple recipe from Campbell's Weeknight Cooking (for my regular readers, you're probably learning by now that this my favorite cookbook!).

This simple recipe offers a short prep time and a delicious main dish within 25 minutes. Makes 4 servings (I double ingredients to make enough servings for my family).

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound of ground beef

  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs

  • 1 egg, beaten

  • 1 small onion, fine chopped (about 1/4 cup)

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

  • 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Thoroughly mix the beef, 1/4 cup of the soup, bread crumbs, egg and onion in a medium bowl. Shape the mixture into 4 (1/2 inch thick) burgers.

  2. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat., add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Removed the burgers with a slotted spatula and set aside.

  3. Stir the remaining soup and mushrooms into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10m minutes or until the burgers are cooked through.



This recipe listed at:




3 chatted about this topic:

Scott Franson Photography May 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

This sounds like a great recipe, thanks for sharing it.
Claudia
claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Kristin - The Goat May 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

I haven't made salisbury steak before, but boy do I love it. Thanks for the recipe!

Sharinskishe May 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

I avoid Salisbury steak all the time! But yours looks tempting. It is not because I don't like the taste, it is because I went on a date with a guy named Salisbury.

It was quite bad! I was 16 and we had not met, it was kind of a blind date but we were not set up. He was a friend of my sisters. He would call for her all the time. She was almost never home, so we would end up talking. It was fun for me, I was a sophomore and he was a senior.

When he came to pick me up, I saw disappointment in his eyes when he realized I was not as cute (skinny) as my sister! I may have been fun on the phone but I was not 'cute'. It was devastating. But now that I am older, I know it was his loss to be so shallow.

Sorry this was so long. But I do want to thank you for the post and letting me reminisce old times!

Sharinskishe

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP