Thursday, April 30, 2009
There's nothing I love more than barbecue! But who has enough time to grill out that often?
So I let my slow cooker do the work for me!
I discovered this tasty recipe in Weight Watchers In Good Time: 123 Slow Cooker Recipes to Come Home To.
I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 (1.25 pound) flank steaks
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounces) can of tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 12 (2.5 ounce) sandwich buns with sesame seeds, split
- 24 red onion rings
- 36 dill pickles
- Trim fat from steaks; cut each steak in half crosswise.
- Combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar and pepper; stir well.
- Rub steaks with sugar mixture.
- Place remaining brown sugar, tomato paste, and next 9 ingredients in a 4/5 quart electric slow cooker; stir well.
- Add steaks, turning to coat.
- Cook on high heat setting for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low heat setting and cook 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender.
- Remove steak from slow cooker, reserving sauce in cooker.
- Shred steak with fork. Return shredded steak to cooker; stir well to coat with sauce.
- Spoon 1/2 cup steak mixture onto bottom half of each bun; top each with 2 onion rings and 3 pickle slices.
Yields 12 Servings. 8 points/serving.