Coconut Shrimp Recipe (Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays)

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My 17 year old son fell in love with a Coconut Shrimp dish he had and has since been hassling to try and duplicate the recipe.

After several months of trying, I finally found one that met his approval and that he declared to be "the one."

Fortunately, the rest of the family agreed and it is now the only Coconut Shrimp recipe I use.

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled, devein, leaving tail on

  • 1 cup flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

  • 1 cup ice water

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

  • 2/3 cup grated coconut

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder


Directions:

Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tail intact; dry well. Combine flour, sugar, salt, egg, ice water, and vegetable oil; beat until smooth. Mix together coconut and curry powder. Dip shrimp into batter then into coconut mixture. Fry coconut shrimp in hot fat, about 370° until golden. Coconut shrimp serves 4 to 6.




Blessed with Grace

This Recipe Listed At:

5 chatted about this topic:

Lynn April 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

This looks so yummy! I made some coconut shrimp a while back but have misplaced the recipe. So I'm doubly happy to have found you! (Just fyi, I came from Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, and the link you left there doesn't bring you here, it brings you to one of your other posts -- so maybe there are others who are scanning the internet looking for coconut shrimp and winding up in the wrong spot.) Thanks again for the recipe :)

Unknown April 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

This recipe looks fantastic! I love shrimp, but haven't found a great recipe-I will try yours soon : )

Brenda April 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Oh! I love this dish! I'll have to try it sometime.

Kristen April 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

My husband loves coconut shrimp - I will have to try this sometime!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace April 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

My hubby and I love coconut shrimp. This is great to have a recipe for them. Thanks. So glad you joined us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP