13 of the Dumbest Things Teenagers Say (Thursday Thirteen)

Thursday, April 9, 2009


This week I'm doing 13 of the dumbest things that teenagers say (courtesy of my own two teens!):
  1. Everybody else has one/is doing it.

  2. I'm smarter than (insert a parent/grandparent/etc).

  3. Can I go to/have [insert some forbidden place/thing here]. This is usually followed by number 1.

  4. I'm the only one that doesn't have one/can't do it. (Very similar to number 1, but usually reserved for serious guilt trips.)

  5. When I leave home, I'm never coming back (Um, yeah, please don't! - but you will).

  6. All we need is love. (Said about serious girl/boyfriend and future. Of course, truthfully, I miss the innocence of this one.)

  7. I'll never [insert something like "ground my children"].

  8. It's not mine [this generation of teens bases their on the O.J. Simpson bit of "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" theory - it worked much better for O.J.].

  9. I didn't do it [when they know and you know they did].

  10. I don't know [when said in response to a question s/he obviously doesn't want to answer].

  11. I don't need to study. (Okay, Einstein!)

  12. [Insert friend's name] parents will be there. (And you don't think I'll check?)

  13. That can't happen to me [usually relates to mortality, illness - and is usually a thought versus being spoken].
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

6 chatted about this topic:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ April 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

my kids are not teens yet, but most of the time they are triyng to outsmart me with their own make believed conversation.
Thursday13
Thanks for visiting! :)

peanut butter April 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

i've used those a lot. they seem to work for me. :) probably because i'm pretty spoiled, and daddy is wrapped around my finger. hehe.

Brandi April 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Marlee isn't a teen yet, but am dealing with some tweens this week and holy cow! they are outta control! My new favorite...

Im not gonna ask cause I know you'll just say no, (then they do it anyways).

janetfaye April 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I think I have heard all of your list when my sons were teens!

sobeit April 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Okay...I teach elementary school and at the top of my list is "my bad". Instead of saying "I'm sorry!" they say "my bad". It really gets on my nerves!

Anonymous,  April 10, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Ah yes, having a 19 year old I'm intimately familiar with most of those phrases, I try to let them roll off, but it's not easy.
Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP